WINDOWS AND MIRRORS OH MY
Photographer: RAR '83 Photography
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
To be honest, it was a bit of a fluke. I had a good friend of mine start to dabble in photography (he's now one of the best photogs I know!) and snapped a few photos of me for fun. I was completely out of my element and if I looked at those photos now, I'd probably giggle at how bad I was - but it definitely sparked something inside of me. I loved being in front of the camera. I'm a pretty insecure person and for some reason, in front of the camera I forget that entirely and become someone else.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I would say I've been modeling at a professional level for 3 years now. Dabbling for 5 or so.
3. Who is your favorite model?
I actually am mostly inspired by my peers. I think Casey Lynn is one of the most beautiful models I know. I also think that my friend and tiny powerhouse, Taylor Oakes, is incredible. She's also an unreal photographer. Both these ladies are tremendous talents.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Weirdly, yes. Off camera is an entirely different ball game.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
That's an interesting question. I don't think it comes down to one specific. Everyone and every experience helps mold you. My friend Justin Robinson is the reason I ever really got in front of the camera in the first place. We shot tons of times after and every time I got stronger and more confident. It's like a relationship. I think that's why it's hard to say if someone specifically helped you or not - every relationship teaches you something. It's just some last longer than others.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Pay for really good photographers when you start to build a good portfolio. Listen and be heard. Trade for print only if it's mutually beneficial. Don't take your clothes off just because someone says it will get you published. Stay true to your beliefs and your limits.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I'm just generally a bit of a nutter. So every shoot always includes at least one.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
Biggest one: That it's okay to feel good about yourself! There's no shame in having self confidence.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I play classical violin and piano!
10. What are you most proud of?
Staying true to who I am. Always.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Someone who was always honest with people, even if they didn't want to hear it.
12. Final fun facts?
That I'm a personal trainer and fitness expert!