Name: Tawny Taylor
Photographer: Kassidy Yang
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
The diversity in the industry is only growing and I love that the more eccentric you and your look is, the more you are encouraged to do your thing. There will always be someone to knock you down for whatever move you make, which is exactly what inspired me to put my finger up and say ' fuck you, I'll do it anyway'
2. How long have you been modeling?
Probably around 4 years
3. \Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I was teased in school for my body the entire way through. I absolutely let someone else's opinion grind me down and make me believe I wasn't beautiful. I grew up and realized someone else's opinion of me is none of my damn business.
4. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Without knowing it, my father. He teaches me patience every day. It's something I very much lack, but look up to him for having so much of it with me.
5. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
If you want something, get it.
6. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
You can redefine the beauty industry standards all on your own, and people will listen.
7. Tell us something random about yourself.
I'm actually only about 5'1
8. What are you most proud of?
The friends and family that I can call my own
9. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
10. Any last words you'd like to share?
I absolutely can't stress enough the importance of your wellbeing. Mine started when I decided to eat and train right. I didn't want the cookie cutter mold body that a lot of successful models have and work for. I wanted my own definition of myself. I've created a program for both eating and training for myself to obtain my health and strength. It's soon to be released and titled Do Something Bitches. Because no one else is going to do it for you, so do something.