Photographer: Gio Rhivers
Makeup Artist: Jacqueline Chavez
Hair Stylist: Ashley Torres
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I am an immigrant. Was born and raised in a conservative country named Kazakhstan. It was always my dream to become a model and be an inspiration to many people, but there weren't many chances there. So after I moved to the USA and had my first chance to model, I took my chance.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I've been trying to model for about 2 years.
3. Who is your favorite model?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
No, I still am not completely comfortable. But this is one of the reasons why i love modeling. It helps me be more confident and see myself from different side.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
In modeling? Not really. But I had supportive people and was lucky to find a very supportive community that were great at celebrating each of my little wins.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Yes. Believing in yourself is the key, that will lead you to success. Also practice makes it perfect. Research, look and practice. YOU will get there. If I could, you can do it too.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Not that I can think of. I usually communicate with the team to see what is their vision so I am completely prepared for the photoshoot and have the vision of what is expected.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
It is not as easy as it looks.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
Well... I fluently speak 3 languages. Which is not really impressive, but it is also one of the things I am proud of. What else... umm.. Till I was 7 I was raised by my grandma in the village and my best friends were a dog and a horse.
10. What are you most proud of?
I catch stray dogs and return them to owners if I find them and if I can't, I find new home for them. I love to think that I helped a living creature to be happy.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I was named after my great-grandmother. She is a hero, that adopted and took care of kids, whose parents went missing after WWII.
I want to be known and remembered as a person with a good heart and the person whose actions speak louder than words.