Photographer: Steven Santiago
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
Growing up I always looked up to Angelina Jolie and Naomi Campbell. I have always been passionate about modeling and acting, that's what mainly inspired me to be in the entertainment industry.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I have been modeling, acting and an on air talent since I was 21.
3. Who is your favorite model?
My favorite model is Naomi Campbell
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Competing in pageants such as Miss NJ USA and placing as a runner up out of 120 women from all over NJ definitely helped me become very comfortable in my own skin. I have always loved being in front of the camera and being a goofball so I would say yes I've always been comfy with that.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?:
My parents, business partner and close friends are my biggest supporters! They definitely helped mold me into the person I am today.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Be yourself, ALWAYS believe in yourself and never let anyone dim your shine!
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Hmm.. Probably this shoot with Steven, sand and oil was challenging for sure lol.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
I have learned that I can be my biggest critic and that I need to take it easy on myself sometimes. Modeling also taught me so much about branding, which helped me so much with my brand Solidify'D that I started 2 years ago with my business partner Milly.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I can drink about 4-5 cups of coffee in a day and not feel jittery what so ever. I love coffee!
10. What are you most proud of?
My most proud moment as of yet is starting my brand/online boutique www.solidifyd.com 2 years ago with my business partner Milly!
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
When it is all said and done I want to be remembered as this woman who inspired and influenced other women to be themselves, believe in themselves and to never give up.
12. Any last words?
Please check out my brand www.solidifyd.com and with promo code: skyn upon check-out they'll receive 15% off their entire purchase! :-)