1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I was inspired to begin modeling after I had my daughter. I was feeling low, depressed and very out of shape. I kept seeing models on FB and IG who embraced and loved their bodies just the way they are. That message stuck with me and I wanted to prove to myself and the world that I was confident in my own SKYN.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I have been modeling professionally for 4 years. I plan to continue modeling for as long as I have fans and market demand.
3. Who is your favorite model?
My favorite model is Abigail Ratchford. I admire her class and sass. She has a stunning figure and smile. I love the way she poses and interacts with the camera.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Not always, after I had my daughter there were many days where I felt awkward and uncomfortable. But the key is to try, try, try again. Never give up, especially on yourself!
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Zev Vitaly Abosh, Teresa Longo, PHJ and my mother.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
1) Always practice in the mirror to learn your best angles
2) Embrace your curves and work it
3) Ask to see the photographer to see the photos throughout the shoot, to confirm your angles and lighting
4) Use FB and IG to post, advertise and build a fan base, social media is a model's best tool!
5) Don't be too hard on yourself, if you don't like what you see in the photos, try, try again.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Yes, once a photographer asked me to change my wardrobe in his truck so he could watch...... I said heck no! I left the shoot early and blocked him on all social platforms.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
How beautiful I am on the inside and the outside, no matter what people say. I have a high self-worth and integrity, and I am not afraid to show it off!
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I am addicted to cheese. French Brie cheese to be exact.
10. What are you most proud of?
My proudest accomplishment was the birth of my 3-year-old daughter; Geneviève. She has truly been a beautiful gift from God and a saving grace in my life. I am most proud of our close relationship and the way she always makes me crack a smile, even when I feel my worst. At 23, I was unprepared for the challenges that being a single parent would bring, but my daughter has helped me to mature and become a better role model. She has taught me an incredible amount of patience, the importance of communication, and how to put another’s needs before my own.
Every day that I am fortunate enough to watch her grow up and become a lady, makes the challenges worthwhile. Having a child is a divine and uplifting experience that fills my soul with pride and unconditional love. Sometimes, when I watch her sleep at night, I can’t help but cry (tears of happiness) because I was the person who brought that tiny, precious person into the world. I have been blessed by the opportunity to help her grow into a happy, healthy, and well-rounded member of society. She is my greatest accomplishment by far!
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I want to be remembered as a relatable model and mother, who never gave up!
12. Any other final fun facts about yourself you'd like to share?
I was a finalist in the Miss Canada Pageant 2018 in Montreal in February. I am also a professional actress appearing in documentaries, TV shows (Hell on Wheels, Wynonna Earp, Tin Star) and movies (Mistaken Identity). I also work the runway in all of Calgary's bridal and prom fashion shows each year - recently appearing on Global TV.