Name: Shashi Aliyaj
Location: Atlanta, GA
Makeup Artist: Shashi Aliyah
Hair Stylist: Shashi Aliyah
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
At a young age I've always admired beauty, it's more than just taking pictures, it's art, it's displaying my emotions for everyone to see. When I was younger I was always doing little things like hair shows and academic books, so I told myself I wanted to have more control over my look, express myself a little more when I got older.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I started at 7 years old.
3. Who is your favorite model?
Ashley Moore, her simplicity is absolutely gorgeous. So soft but still intense, effortlessly intense.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Actually I still get really nervous in front of the camera lol but I believe in the Law of Attraction so I believe in pushing myself and thinking positive.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Really just support from family and friends.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Try to make every shoot interesting, think outside of the box.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Not really WTF moments lol but I've had a few weird proposals for shoots.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
Theres different kinds of photographers, so many different kind of arts, it's always good to step out the box but always make sure your comfortable and it matches your art.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I'm really into art always have been, I write poetry and draw to keep my spirit up.
10. What are you most proud of?
My progress, I'm actually a really shy person so the fact that I've pushed myself to become as comfortable as I am now.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Motivation, I've always wanted to motivate people and try to lead kids, especially young women, I have 5 little sisters and 1 brother, all younger and I want them to all to love themselves and trust themselves to do what they want to do and understand there are no limits as long as you believe you can do it.
12. Any last words?
Just for young people to always follow your goals and don't let anyone discourage yourself the only believer you need is yourself.