Photographer: Jamie Edgar
Makeup Artist: Sydney Whalen @sydneywbeauty
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
What made me get into modeling specifically is knowing there are other ladies out there who need a body positive role models with flaws to look up to. I know I’m not perfect, yet everyday I still work on myself to become a better me. Being 5’2 and fairly tattooed, I’d like to defeat the cookie cutter standards of being a model!
2. How long have you been modeling?
Few times here and there I have modeled over the years but the last year I’ve been, I've really taken it seriously due to owning my own business and being able to make the time.
3. Who is your favorite model?
Hands down it will always be the classic Actress and Model, Marilyn Monroe. Huge inspiration. She exudes confidence.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
When I was child, all the way up to late teens, I really disliked people taking photos of me or even photographs taken of myself. I’ve had a complex of how I looked from ever since I could remember.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
I’ve had a lot of supportive friends who have built me up in ways I couldn’t even imagine and have gotten me where I am today. I’m also glad my family is proud of me and that helps me thrive and express myself...no frills!
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Never limit yourself to anything. Many people associate having specific attributes and features are mandatory, but being unique and yourself is what’s important. Also, drink plenty of lemon water!
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
One time when I flew into Hong Kong for a shoot which I almost passed up due to high anxiety but I’m glad I took the risk and made a life memory and experience I’ll never forget!
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
That people in this industry are actually really awesome and cool! It’s known that this can be a tough industry but so far in my experience it’s been super enjoyable! I have gained many gigs and publishes while meeting new people
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
My middle fingers on each of my hands are slightly curved.
10. What are you most proud of?
I am proud of finally being happy with the person looking back at me in my reflection
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I want to be remembered as a person that came, saw and conquered. Someone who broke barriers, defeated the odds and changed stereotypes.