SCAPE OF YOU
Name: Laura Price
Location: Lexington, NC
Photographer: Edward Wright with Wright Design 75
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I’m a huge fitness addict and modeling allows me to show off all my hard work. I love being able to adjust poses, lighting and outfits to enhance my physique.
2. How long have you been modeling?
Off and on for 5 years
3. Who is your favorite model?
I don’t have one. I try to just be the best person I can be.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
No I was not. Over 10 years ago I decided to change my eating habits and since I was no longer playing sports I started getting into the gym. After being consistent at it for 3 years is when I decided to start competing in bodybuilding in the figure division. Ever since then I have been more and more comfortable each year.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
My boyfriend who is now my husband. We’ve been together 12 years. He’s the one who started giving me the confidence boost I needed. He’s been with me every step of the way. He started into this lifestyle and I followed suite. He’s also the one who makes my nutrition plans and workout plans. He’s been my rock through it all.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Don’t try to be someone else because everyone is different. Not every pose or look is good for everyone. You need to do what you’re most comfortable with and what flatters you the most.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I had that moment this past summer when I was shooting in an old building when it was over 100 outside and inside was about 120 with no air. I about passes out and at that moment I was like WTF was I thinking!
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
I never thought I would be so comfortable shooting nude but that’s one of my favorite types of shoots!
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
A random fact about myself is my childhood nickname is Hotdog because that’s all I’d eat when I was a kid and now I hate them.
10. What are you most proud of?
Personally I’m proud of all the work I’ve put in the past years to make myself healthier and to be comfortable in my skin. Academically is when I obtained my MBA with a 3.91
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Someone people look up to and someone who inspires others.
12. Any last words?
If you are wanting a nutrition plan or workout please contact myself at email@example.com and I can get you setup with a customized plan for your personal goals!