Name: Samantha Shane
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Photographer: Justin Dean
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
A photographer friend frequently used me as a test subject and then others began to inquire about who I was... the rest is history!
2. How long have you been modeling?
3. Who is your favorite model?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Yes, maybe a little too comfortable
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
All of my current girlfriends in the industry are always there for support or advice. You have to have each other’s backs.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Be true to yourself! Don’t do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Well this one time a photographer tried to lure me down a dirt path to do a photoshoot while proceeding to tell me that I would lose all cell phone service.... I said hell no
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
A lot of people have altering motives. There is definitely an ugly side to the industry that a lot of models get caught up in.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I am amazing at parallel parking. Seriously, I deserve a trophy.
10. What are you most proud of?
My Masters Degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
A badass chick who always spoke her mind and wasn’t afraid to be bold.