Name: Jazmine Torres
Location: Portsmouth, virginia
Photographer: Shaina williams
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
For years people told me I should model, but I didn't think I was skinny or tall enough. Finally I said yes to a few photographers and it's been a blessing ever since.
2. How long have you been modeling?
Almost a year now.
3. Who is your favorite model?
I have many, but love seeing Ashley Moore.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I was never comfortable in my own skin. Even now I struggle, but I will fake it until I make it. That mantra has helped my confidence.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
I didn't have any mentors, but I always study other models and their poses to learn.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Studying other models poses and practice them in the mirror.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I once got bit all over my legs while at a shoot because the best picture location was where all the mosquitos were. I stood there until we got the perfect shot and ended up with my legs on fire and itchy.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
Artist in this industry like models and photographers have become desensitized to nudity. It's not some taboo to them which makes you comfortable doing a more exposed shoot. Non artist still tend to judge because they still think nudity is taboo in America.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
10. What are you most proud of?
Having a clean record and staying on track in life. Never sacrificing my goals.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I want to be remembered as a good person. A kind person. A giving person. I want to show the world that the glass is always half full not half empty.
Any last words for the fans?
Please check out my Instagram @letsjazzitup2. Everyone should always support one another!