Name: Kelsey Blanc
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Photographer: Cam Perry
Photographer IG: Shotbycam
Makeup Artist: Kelsey Blanc
Hair Stylist: Kelsey Blanc
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I’ve always loved the arts- music & dance specifically and it felt like a natural transition to make visual art. I love to create and curate my own shoots with the photographers I work with. It’s enjoyable to see the final product of our hard work & vision!
2. How long have you been modeling?
I’ve been modeling off and on since 18 years old so 8 years now.
3. Who is your favorite model?
I’m obsessed with Alexis Ren. Not only is she stunning and body goals but her good nature & spirit is evident in her work.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Not always. To this day there’s still insecurities but I see the industry shifting toward a more body positive outlook and it’s a breath of fresh air!
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
I would say there have been photographers over the years who have helped to mold me as far as posing and advancing myself as a model.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Be you and be safe. While I love this industry- do your research and be weary of “photographers” who use this as a way to exploit women. Work with people you trust and with similar vision. :)
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I was shooting in an abandoned building not realizing we needed a permit and almost got arrested. Also- I was basically naked. Cops were nice and let us go with a warning. Good times!
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
I’ve realized we are all different but all beautiful. I know it’s cliche but hearing that versus finally realizing and seeing it is entirely different. I used to compare myself to everyone and now I embrace the unique person that is ME.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I play golf and have since I was 12 years old.
10. What are you most proud of?
My ability to juggle my 9-6 day job and my love of modeling on the side. There’s some long days but it’s worth it.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
First- I want to be remembered. Leave a mark on the world. I’d like to be remembered as kind.