NIGHTS IN WITH SKYLAR
Name: Skylar Walling
Location: Atl, Ga
Photographer: Chris Childress
Makeup Artist: Skylar W.
Hair Stylist: Skylar W.
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
The first time I saw an old playboy magazine I remember thinking, wow, I really would like to do that. It’s something that seemed so liberating and daring.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I have been modeling for almost two years now, and I’m loving every minute of it!
3. Who is your favorite model?
My current obsession is Abigail Ratchford. Actually I think she everyone’s current obsession haha. She’s gorgeous.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I’ve always been comfortable in my own skin, but I haven’t always been comfortable in front of the camera. I owe a lot to Interscope Photography for really helping me to develop into the model I am today!
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Interscope Photography has really helped me become the model I am now. He taught me how to work my angles, find my lighting, and pose very fluid and natural.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Find a photographer you are comfortable with and shoot with that person a lot until you can be completely comfortable in front of a camera. Also do not give up and do not listen to any of the negativity!
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Ha. I’m so glad this question is here. My favorite WTF moment would have to be when another model and I were shooting a Playboy style shoot by this big beautiful barn. The barn was close to a main road. Well we were really distracted by the shoot, when a school bus drove by right when she was turning around and her boobs were out. So she basically flashed a school bus full of middle schoolers. It was so terrible but oh so funny!
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
I think my biggest revelation has been just keep pushing on. I never dreamed I would be where I am today but great things just keep happening. Dreams take a lot of hard work but they are never out of reach!
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
This is probably really strange but my toes are very strong. I can pick things up with them and pinch people with them! Haha.
10. What are you most proud of?
I’m most proud of my ability to juggle my small business and modeling,, and all of the hard work I have put into both to become a very well rounded person.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I want to be remember as the person who always stayed true to who I am.