Name: Camila Escribens
Photographer: Malachi Salado
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
Besides my height my love for fashion and taking pictures really inspired me to pursue this, and now it's a dream I want to accomplish.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I've been modeling since the beginning of summer 2017, in June to be exact.
3. Who is your favorite model?
Gigi & Bella Hadid, Kendall Jenner, Adriana Lima. I have a lot of favorite models.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I wasn't always confident in myself to be comfortable with the camera when I first started, I was a little shy but I've completely outgrew that I love myself and everyday I learn to be more comfortable with the camera and all around more confident.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Yes I did, I started shooting with this photographer who really saw potential in me and helped become more secure and confident. He is on of the reasons why I haven't given up because he guided me in the right direction.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Considering I just started this journey for myself I have a lot to learn but what I can say is that if you really want this and are willing to work hard for it then you're in the right place. This industry is so hard and will be rejected so many times but that shouldn't stop you if this your dream.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I've had a couple "WTF" moments but never any a bad wtf moments.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
That you should never sell yourself short. Believe in yourself and don't be afraid to put yourself out there.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
Something random about myself is that I use to excel at sports, especially Track & Field. I got 7th in the nation at my first nationals.
10. What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of myself. Sounds conceded but it's true. There was a time when I was on top of the world with my athlete career, soon after I was doing amazing in sports I got "sick" and was in and out of the hospital for a whole year of highschool. Doctors found two AVM's in my brain, long story short it's the step before an aneurysm. I went through H and back even did radiation and 4 years of being in and out of the hospital I'm finally healthy. And because I'm healthy I want to live every moment I can to the fullest considering life almost slipped away from me. Although my dream as an athlete didn't work out, my ultimate dream as a model is my destiny. In other words I am most proud of myself.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I want to be remembered as one of the biggest supermodels in the world.