Name: Barbara Escurra
Location: Tampa FL
Photographer: Eric LaRokk
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I love art, creativity, and all types of beauty, including hair & make-up. Being able to take photos and express yourself through them in a unique way is empowering to me.
2. How long have you been modeling?
Since I was about legal to, lol so 18
3. Who is your favorite model?
In love with Abigail Ratchford
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Yes, ever since I was a kid I loved being in photos, I think it arose from doing pageants growing up.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Not a particular one, I mean I would flip through magazines and watch women on television. So kind of just grasped inspiration from multiple women.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Just to be yourself and have fun with it, if its something you want to truly pursue don't take any off time. (learn from my mistake)
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I have haha, EYELASH flew off, wind was blowing hard that day. LOL
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
That not all models have to be tall and skinny. May sound foolish but growing up in my mind I had to fit that category. This millennial generation has kind of changed the game, and curvy women are being seen in the spotlight more.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I love to bake, then regret it because then i'm tempted to eat my bomb deliciousness.
10. What are you most proud of?
The woman I am, how I treat others, and how others feel when they're around me. I'm BIG on energy.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Someone who made others feel beautiful, and good about themselves, and i'm not talking physically.