LOVE OR LUST
Name: Dani Alexandre
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Photographer: Alexander Sikwitit
Photographer IG: @alexandersikwitit
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I’ve always dreamed of becoming a model. I’ve watched the Victoria’s Secret fashion show with my mom ever since I was about 12. Also my phone photoshoot ever with a sweet guy name Johnny healthy inspired me to keep shooting. He saw potential that I’ve never seen.
2. How long have you been modeling?
A year and a half
3. Who is your favorite model?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Absolutely not. I’ve never thought of my self as sensual or seductive. I actually still laugh till this day when Photographers tell me to give them a “sexy face” lol.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
My mom Angela. Growing up I’ve always talked to her about modeling and she had always told me to never let that dream die and go after it.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Be yourself! Don’t let the industry change you. Most importantly don’t compare yourself to other girls, everyone has their own beauty. And be careful!
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Once when I was shooting in the winter in lingerie I had a photographer just start lisping sweat literally, and I thought to myself why the fuck are you sweat creep it’s 30 degrees haha.
Also when a photographer told me to come alone to a shoot in a hotel because he wanted to connect with just me and no one else. I was like wtf, no way, bye.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
That this industry has a look of good and bad sides to it, but to me it’s mostly about being creative and creating art that no one has ever maybe thought of.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I’m an only child
10. What are you most proud of?
Going to school, working a late job bartending and still pursuing my dreams.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Someone who’s changed something about the world. I want to be able to impact millions of lives and make a difference one day. Maybe start my own charity.
12. Any last words?
Just spread love and good vibes everywhere you go. Try to make someone smile everyday.