LATER LatER, BABY
Name: Celeste Barron
Location: El Paso, Texas
Photographer: Sergio Zamora
Makeup Artist: Celeste Barron
Hair Stylist: Celeste Barron
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
What First inspired me to get into this industry was watching the Victoria Secret shows and commercials. Photography is art in my opinion and i have so much fun doing it.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I started modeling at age 17 with local clothing brands and as the years passed I have met many other local photographers. Which has helped me gained more experience.
3. Who is your favorite model?
My favorite model would be Tiana Gregory and Ana Cheri
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I was not comfortable in my skin and in front of a camera at first. I was the most awkwardest person ever. I was a very shy, insecure girl. I wasn’t confident until i learned to love myself and my body and just have fun with every photoshoot.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
No one really helped me as far as modeling. I learned on my own by looking at other models and through experience as well. My personal trainer would have to be my mentor. He helped build my confidence because he saw how much potential i had in me. Being an NPC bikini competitor and having a coach who knew everything about it really molded me to the strong, independent, confident woman i am today.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Be confident in being yourself. One thing that stands out to me when I see a model is their originality and uniqueness.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
The first time I ever let my high school friend take some shots of me it was in his garage, it was cold and I had no idea what i was doing. While he was taking pictures the light he was using on the side completely bursted and shattered out of no where. (no one was hurt) We were both really freaked out by it
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
It’s very difficult for me to make the “seductive stare with your mouth slightly open” look. Modeling can open a lot of opportunities for people and the more you do it the better you become at modeling
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I always buy a packet of Hershey’s bars because I’m obsessed with chocolate!
10. What are you most proud of?
I’m proud that i followed my dream to being a bikini competitor. It built self discipline and perseverance to achieving my goals in the fitness industry despite how hard it was.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I want to be remembered as someone who inspires people to make healthy decisions in their life. I want to people to look up to me and say “because of you I didn’t give up”