LA PERLA DEL CARIBE
Name: Ariana Del Valle Lopez
Location: Puerto Rico
Photographer: Steven Santiago
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
My mother was a model so I wanted to make her proud.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I have been modeling for 6 years as a freelance model.
3. Who is your favorite model?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
When I was young I had some personal issues and I was feeling really uncomfortable but this past 2 years I'm starting to feel happy with my body shape and imperfections.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Yes, his name is Miguel Genao a fashion designer from Dominican Republic.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Change the concept and feel happy with what God gave you. We are different persons and that's what's beauty is all about. Keep on sharing your talent and confidence because it's our only key to success.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Well I'm always falling
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
Well through modeling I discovered that I can help girls feel proud about themselves. I have a lot of girls writing me day by day cause they would love to be like me but I always tell them that they are beautiful the way they are.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
My energy trough a shooting is always making everyone laugh.
10. What are you most proud of?
Being able to put aside my discomforts and love myself more and traveling to New York and Dominican Republic for modeling without a agency.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
When everything is said and done, I want to be remember for who I am. I'm a muse to some girls so if that's happening I would love to keep it.