Name: Rebecca Coburn
Location: Staffordshire, England
Photographer: Glenn wallace
Makeup Artist: Emily Cutts
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I went to The Clothes Show when I was 15 on a school trip with the textiles department. Seeing all the models on the runway and all of the awesome billboards made me want to be a part of it.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I started modelling at 16 when I entered The Miss Teen Queen beauty pageant. As a part of the pageant I did a photo shoot which helped me start my portfolio
3. Who is your favorite model?
Lady Lauren Brock, she is bold and beautiful and rocks her tattoos
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I have gotten more comfortable as time has gone in, now I am confident and happy to push my limits in front of the camera
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Steven Bithell also known as Biff Senior Photographer. I did my first art nude shoot with him, it was a very grunge theme in a massive scrap yard location. Everything about the images was edgey and unique, after working with him I have wanted to create crazy, outrageous images with the following photographers.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Be persistent, it can take years of working for images before you start to get paid for your work and this happens to the best of us. Stick by your own morals, never work at levels you don't want to just because the photographer says this is what they want from the shoot.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?:
find that when I see the images after, I have a WTF moment because I cannot believe that is me. Especially working with Glenn and Emily. I was amazed with the results.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
That it's fine to be who you are, not all models have big boobs and not all models are blonde with no tattoos. There is a place for us all in the industry regardless of your personal style and shape.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I have a very naughty tattoo inside of my mouth!
10. What are you most proud of?
To date it would probably be this publication. Getting published in Skyn magazine means that I am now officially an internationally published model, and I couldn't be happier about that.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
There is so many beautiful and unique models now it will be hard to be remembered. As long as the photographers and models I work with remember me as some one who bought some comedy to a set and treated everyone with respect.
12. Any final shoutouts?
My tattoo artists. Josie Morris at The Painted Pin up tattoo studio
Jared forrester at Electric Scribble tattoo studio