Name: Maira Maese
Location: El Paso, Texas
Photographer: Sergio Zamora
Makeup Artist: Maira Maese
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
Photography was and still is a hobby of mine. It is such a fine art to capture and create an image, going in front of the camera became natural and fun for me.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I started modeling 7 years ago after high school when I moved to a bigger city full of opportunities.
3. Who is your favorite model?
I grew up watching Tyra Banks, she is one of my favorites with her full outburst personality and wiliness do go out of the box for a shoot.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I felt comfortable being in front of the camera for the one fact that taking photos is fun, when you're doing something you enjoy it's hard not to feel comfortable.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Every photographer I've worked for has given me different advise in modeling, I see them all as molders and mentors to guild me.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Just have fun, branch out, and every photo shoot is an opportunity to grow and make more connections .
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
At this shoot in particular there was a massive spider right behind me in one of the shots, but it was the perfect location so we both powered through it for the image. I have the biggest, massive, little girl fear of spiders so that was for sure a moment for me.
8. Tell us something random about yourself.
I like comic books and video games, huge nerd.
9. What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of El Paso and the modeling world that has been created here. There are so many creative artful people here and it is a proud feeling to be part of it and do local great work.
10. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I just want people to remember me and smile.