Name: Alana Collins
Location: Queensland, Australia
Photographer: Nathan Horswill
Makeup Artist: @jennaturnermua
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I compete in bikini/fitness competitions and I guess being on stage posing and modelling made me go down this track.
2. How long have you been modeling?
Not long, I've competed in 3 seasons but only just starting to get into more of the modelling side of things
3. Who is your favorite model?
I don't know many but Elsa Hosk is gorgeous and I used her snowflake costume in the Victoria Secret's Show as inspiration for my own Angels costume
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
No this has only come recently through my fitness journey and really learning how to love my own body.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Just winged it!
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Fake tan and exfoliator is your best friend
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I'm in a bikini about to have water poured down my back for a cheeky snap and a passer by asks if I want some photos on the back of his new Ducati motorbike. No thank you!
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
A picture paints a thousand words
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
My favourite drink is peppermint apple iced tea and my dog is named after a potato.
10. What are you most proud of?
Giving things a go and saying yes to new opportunities. Gotta try things at least once to know if it's your style or not
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Happy, bubbly and full of life.
12. Anything else we should know about you?
I'm a Kiwi at heart, born and raised in New Zealand now living in sunny QLD