Name: Sara Long
Photographer: Chris Barnes
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
Wanting to get out of my shy comfort zone definitely inspired me to try modeling. I knew that if I could get it down, I'd be a much more confident person.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I've been modeling for around five years now.
3. Who is your favorite model?
That's a hard one! I have so many that I look up to but I'd have to say Alessandra Ambrosio might be my favorite.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Definitely not. It took some working with me because unfortunately I was in a few bad relationships that left me feeling not so pretty and worthless but thanks to modeling that all changed. I learned who I am and what my value was.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Unfortunately I did not have anyone specific to help me. Most likely because I was so shy when I started modeling and it was a little difficult to get to know me
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Yes! If it's something that you truely enjoy keep doing it! No matter if you don't think you're good enough at it or if people don't fully support you. Keep doing it! You have to remember every expert was once a beginner. Never give up on yourself, it takes time to get there but you will!
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I once had a crab bite my toe at a beach shoot. I was laying down in the sand and screamed so loud. It really hurt haha.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
You have to have thick skin! There are so many people that make you feel like quiting but you have to learn to ignore them.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I have an obsession with tacos!! I promise they're all I think about.
10. What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of always staying extremely humble. Since day one I've always treated everyone with respect and I never think that I am better than anyone else.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Always brightening everyone's day up with my corny jokes and just making everyone laugh all of the time.