Name: Felicia Martin
Location: Tacoma WA
Facebook: Felicia Martin
Photographer: Brandon Potter
Makeup Artist: Felicia Martin
Hair Stylist: Felicia Martin
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
My love for fashion, and my best friend encouraged me to do a shoot with her and I fell in love with the whole experience.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I have been modeling for almost 5 years now.
3. Who is your favorite model?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I was not always comfortable in my own skin. I went through a very awkward stage growing up. Modeling has helped build my confidence in a lot of ways. Surprisingly it didn't take me long to get comfortable in front of the camera. From the begging photographers told me I had a natural knack for modeling. The support of friends, family, and photographers helped me overcome my own insecurities.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
My mentors are my grandma, for always believing in me and pushing me to be my best. As well as my sister Miesha Tate, for showing me that your dreams are always acheivable!
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
My advice would be, to never doubt yourself. Stay focused, and never think twice about chasing your dreams. Dont let anyones opinion define the way you feel about yourself. Life is too short to not persue your dreams due to fear of failure. The biggest dream killer is self doubt!
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
Through modeling I have dicovered that in the begging you will not make a lot of money, but that does not mean that it is not beneificial. Payment comes in the form of the prestige and industry buzz it affords a model, which could lead to a ticket to fame and fortune.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I cherish everyday as if it were my last. I find pleasure in the small things. I never take life for granted, and I am beyond thankful for everything it has to offer!
10. What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of the fact that no matter how much anyone has doubted me (incluiding myself) I perservered and followed my dreams regardless.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I want to be remembered as a good person, with a kind heart, that inspired people to follow their dreams.