DOES THE BODY GOOD
Name: Miss Curly
Location: Houston, Texas
Photographer: Joshua Taylor
Makeup Artist: Mariam Mena (@mariammena_)
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
My desire to enter the world of art and fashion.
2. How long have you been modeling?
3. Who is your favorite model?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Yes I have always been comfortable but getting even more comfortable for modeling.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
I have an excellent team of mentors Fernello (@fernello) and Anthony V (htx_kingsangels)
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Be sure to have a solid support system. It can be frustrating, the modeling business, but the reward is well worth it.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
After a long trip to Dallas I became extremely exhausted and wasn’t sure if I could complete my looks. Since then I have made planning a priority.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
1. Not to eat before a shoot.
2. Keep music on hand as it helps push me and other models through our shoot.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I am working on completing my first single as musician.
10. What are you most proud of?
Very proud of myself and my accomplishments. I will continue to push and stay positive and keep my head up remain inspired.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Miss Curly, I want the world to know me and what I hope to do in the art and fashion industry.
12. Any other neat things we should know?
I am currently working on my own place in the music industry. I hope to have a single come out soon.