1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I remember seeing Naomi Campbell walking runways on TV when I was a little girl, and I would be in awe of her beauty every time I'd see her. Thinking if I could only become so elegant one day... I had to hold that thought for the time being because of my religious upbringing. It was a huge no go to my parents which only made me secretly more curious about the whole modelling thing. When I was around 14/15 years old standing 5'9 I would get a lot of comments about considering modelling but I had no idea where to start. I eventually figured out that I could email agencies so I did, without any succes. I was always "not what they were looking for ". I gave up for a while but then I decided to change my intentions. I no longer wanted to become famous and glamourous I wanted to know why I never was what they were looking for. I wanted to know the dept of the industry, the likes and dislikes and of course why my parents wouldn't condone parading on the catwalk. I know and understand now!
2. How long have you been modeling?
3. Who is your favorite model?
Naomi Campbell and Grace Jones
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I wasn't always comfortable in my own skin growing up because of societies influences on what's supposed to be the norm of standard beauty. I'm happy to see a change in that area today and to be a part of that revolution. I never had problems with feeling and being comfortable in front of the camera though.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Not really just selfstudy and experience.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Be a business woman first and a model second.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
When I am being asked personal questions out of the blue, I am quite private you know...
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
"The art of modelling" there is a whole science behind modelling. Most models focus on the practical side and totally forget about the theory. You have to understand both to be able to master the art. I think that makes the difference between a model and someone that's modelling.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I'm a zodiac freak and quite nerdy!
10. What are you most proud of?
When I started 6 years ago as an aspiring model struggling to get into the industry, I could only dream of working international walking runways, shooting editorials and covers. But I'm most proud of my curious little self that never let anyone's opinion or judgement change my reality. And I'm forever grateful to those that did believe in me and still do.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
The Self-made Underdog.
12. Any other fun facts about you?
I'm currently orientating in the film and acting industry and I would love to connect with like minded spirits.