DAY GLOW AT THE WESTIN
Name: Samantha Jo
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I've always wanted to model ever since I was a little girl. I remember seeing COVERGIRL ads on tv and thinking I wanted to feel just as beautiful as those women do. I didn't have a lot of confidence growing up, so I feel that modeling has helped me build that.
2. How long have you been modeling?
3. Who is your favorite model?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I think I was shy in the beginning, of course. I was going to school for arts and photography at the same time I started modeling, so that helped build my confidence because I could work on both sides of the camera. I love how modeling makes me feel. I think all of us deserve to feel beautiful in our own skin no matter what shape or size we are.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Yes, Brian Jester. He's helped me both in my modeling career and in my photography career!
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Be true to yourself. This industry can be so rough, but worth it if you keep pushing.
7. Tell us something random about yourself.
I eat Marconi and Cheese with peas and applesauce on top :) and my siblings do it too lol
8. What are you most proud of?
Starting my own photography business and chasing after my dreams.
9. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
The girl that always tried her best.