DANCING IN THE SHADOWS
Name: Deisy Leon
Location: San Jose CA
Photographer: Chaz Guerrero
Makeup Artist: Deisy Leon
Hair Stylist: Deisy Leon
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
Growing up and seeing these beautiful women in catalogs and magazines and I just felt I wanted to be a part of it; I wanted to make a name for myself.
2. How long have you been modeling?
About two years
3. Who is your favorite model?
Emily RataJkowski is LIFE!
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
As a young girl My Aunt really boosted my confidence. She taught me to love all my imperfections and just be myself.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
My Grandmother was my mentor. She taught me that you always have to work hard and even harder for your dreams. To never give up and always prosper in anything I set mind to.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
It's not easy, there will be obstacles. Don't forget at the end of the day it's your life so enjoy the process!
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
A Photographer had his laptop stolen with all of the pictures. Happens more than you think
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
Ever since I started modeling I see a picture everywhere I look. I see the beauty in everything. Modeling is so freeing! It's the most beautiful form of self expression.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
My Favorite color is Red
10. What are you most proud of?
Taking the big step of entering the modeling world
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
The Rose that grew from the concrete