Name: Zoe Da Silva d'Albuquerque
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photographer: Aaron Benjamin Chan Chui
Makeup Artist: Ane Roxburgh
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
Seeing beauty pageants and magazines.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I’ve been modeling for a few years, but I started taking it more seriously in the last year.
3. Who is your favorite model?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Actually not really, I've always had almost no confidence. I started to get comfortable with myself when I started to take modeling seriously.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
I never had a mentor. The models that I worked with inspired me.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
I would say that it's really important to be true to yourself. Don't push yourself to do things you don't want to! Be careful, because it is a vicious world and people with a bit of 'power' will often take advantage of you. Last but not least, be patient! Very patient.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Never in a bad way. The Last time I thought WTF was when I got a direct booking for a job in LA. I was like WTF is happening. Is this for real?! I was so happy. By far it is the best job I've ever done.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
You need to be thorough and never stop trying/ dreaming. If it's meant to happen, it will!
- don't be discouraged by negativity, it will always be there and that's ok!
- It's the best job ever!
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I'm a dreamer. Being free and being able to live with what you do is one of the most important things to me!
10. What are you most proud of?
I’m proud of every tiny victory I’ve had. The fact that for a long time nobody believed in me and that despite all the negativity I'm still me, a simple human who just tries to make the best of what god gave me. I'm slowly getting where I want to be. The path is long, with a lot of stones but I will get there!
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Someone who is genuinely nice. Someone who is a strong believer that if you work hard enough you'll get where you belong. Someone that will fight for change.