Name: Samantha Crawford
Location: Tallahassee, Fl
Photographer: Arah Jones
Makeup Artist: @samsaprincesssss
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I've always been a big Americas Next Top Model watcher. I'm only about 5'6 and I'm a size 6 which is not the typical attributes of a model. I felt the industry needed more women whom had more ideal body types.
2. How long have you been modeling?
3. Who is your favorite model?
Sofia Jamora. Like have you seen her?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
I've definitely been insecure about certain features on my body but theres just something so powerful about being in front of the camera that modeling has actually made me embrace my imperfections.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
With every photographer I've shot with I've learned new things and have taken it with me. I'm always trying to better myself and everyone I've worked with has helped mold the model I am today.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Learn to embrace rejection and use that energy in shoots. Also do not be afraid to jump outside of your comfort zone.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I always trust the vision of the photographer, it's usually just chill good vibes all around.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
I know more of who I am as a person now and more aware of the type of people in the industry.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I have a obsession with buying drinking cups.
10. What are you most proud of?
The fact that I've felt defeated by school many times but I've never given up. Now I'm only two semesters from graduating with my Bachelors in Psychology.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I hope to be remembered as a strong, smart, and confident woman. I can only hope I've helped other woman be more comfortable in their own skin.