AN AUSTRALIAN IN AMERICA
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I dreamed of having free expression of my femininity and my sensuality. I found when I worked in front of a camera with a fabulous photographer, that dream came true.
2. How long have you been modeling?
Almost 5 years.
3. Who is your favorite model?
Elle Macpherson - her beauty is so natural and effortless.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
No, not at all! I really find it's all about chemistry between the subject and the photographer. If that chemistry can make me feel sexy, it will show up on camera. Sexiness comes from within.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Actually, one of my photographers, Raquel Rischard, who also models herself, has guided me a lot over the years. I learn so much from working with her.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
I see so many girls trying to look like everybody else they see online. I think there are so many different colors and flavors of sexy. You just need to find your own. A great Oscar Wilde quote I always keep in mind, is, "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I have many, yes! I've done a lot of art modeling where I've been naked and covered in paint. Usually in those shoots, there are a lot of WTF moments.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
I've discovered a lot about trust. If I completely trust the team I'm working with - photographer, hair stylist, makeup artist, etc. - I can completely lose myself in the moment. It's times like these, it feels like pure bliss.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I eat kiwifruit with the skin on.
10. What are you most proud of?
I'm most proud of the way I face my fears. And I'm also proud of how I use insults that have been hurled at me to fuel my desire to achieve the things I want in life.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Crazy. Fun. Free-spirited. Inspiring. Sensual. Magic. Full of life.
12. Any other fun facts about you?
Yes! I have my members-only exclusive content site launching mid-June. I've been busy shooting exclusive photo and video material for the site, which has been super fun! Once launched, the site will be at www.kimberlykmodel.com
Also, I've been invited as a guest on a podcast called 'Shameless Sex' with Amy Baldwin and April Lampert. The episode will air in mid-June as well. www.shamelesssex.com