4PM in Atlanta
Name: Alexis Gillespie
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Photographer: Ryan Colby
Website: colby photos.com
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
My inspiration for modeling comes from seeing beautiful women of different cultures be able to portray beauty and fashion in the most artistic ways. I use my time at photoshoots as an opportunity to express my self confidence as well as portray a deeply rooted passion for giving the camera different personalities.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I have been modeling since i was a little girl around 5 years old.
3. Who is your favorite model? : My favorite model is Naomi Campbell.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Yes, yes, yes! I have always loved myself from the inside out. I take great care of my body and I am never camera shy.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
My first and only modeling mentor is Mia Lee. She saw something in me that I didn't see and has always encouraged me and guided me as well as advise me throughout my modeling career.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
To all my aspiring models, do not ever get discouraged. If you are constantly hearing "wow, you should model" or "are you a model by chance" then go follow your dreams and don't hold back.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Not a wtf moment more like
*pose, pose, pose
Photographer: Go back! Hold that!
Me: Hold what? What I do? lol
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
One thing I have learned is that it doesn't take much for a successful shoot. A lot of times I pull random pieces out of my closet and let the photographer style it. From there everything falls into place.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
Random: I hate make up and putting it on but I love getting it done and how beautiful it makes me look!
10. What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of the amount of models that I inspire and that reach out to me for advice and critique. I didn't realize that my work influenced so many young aspiring models.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I want to be remembered for my banging body that's all natural!
12. If people want more from you where can they look?
Follow my personal page @_alexisJ_ !!