Name: Bri Lopez
Location: Kansas City
Photographer: Monte Law
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I've always loved modeling since i was young. Creating a story through a photo is so amazing to me. There are so many talented photographers out there i want to work with all of them!
2. How long have you been modeling?
I've been doing serious modeling since i was about 18. One of my good friends started her own clothing line and asked if i could model for her, that's when it all started.
3. Who is your favorite model?
Emily Ratajkowski. Her body is insane!
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
No! For me, that was definitely something that happened over time. I'm in a good space now, I try to take really good care of my body. I remember when I first started out i would need so much assistance from the photographers on posing etc. I still ask for help to this day! I feel like there isn't anything wrong with that, they know what will look good!
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
As selfish as it sounds, i really feel like i am my own mentor. I've never really had anyone to help me out with anything, if I ever wanted something I went out and worked for it and got it myself. My life experiences molded me into the person I am today, I learn from everything I go through.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Don't ever let anyone tell you "you're not the model type." With big boobs, and tattoos everywhere, I get told this a lot! You're not going to be EVERYONE'S cup of tea, but you're SOMEBODY'S cup of tea. You can be whatever you want to be!
7. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
Not everyone is going to respect what you do. Fuck em!
8. Tell us something random about yourself.
I'm a vegetarian!
9. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
A small town girl from Kansas City who worked her ass of to make all of my dreams come true!