THE RESULTS ARE IN... AND MASTURBATION IS UP
By: Laura C. Anderson
It’s that time of year, again! The 2017 SKYN Condoms “Millennial Sex Survey” is out.
Every year, SKYN Condoms releases their ever-famous “Millennial Sex Survey” where 3,000 sexually active millennials – men and women between the ages 18-24 – answer questions regarding topics like sex position preferences, how hair color affects how often you’re getting laid, and the best cities to score a one-night-stand. We’re Generation Y and we’re closing the orgasm gap one sext at a time.
Let’s recap the highlights below:
2017 may be a tragic year for some politically, but look on the bright side; we’re closing the orgasm gap as both men and women are reaching their G-spots more frequently during sex. Who says you can’t have quality and quantity?
Well, that explains all the unwarranted dick-picks.
Incase you were curious which city you should book your next flight to for the ultimate “layover” your top four are New York, Houston, San Fran, and Washington.
Statistics show there are a higher percentage of people on dating apps in these three cities alone, so perhaps the one-night-stand ratio has something to do with that.
I’m going to take a wild guess here and say there’s a correlation between dating app usage and masturbation for this one. There’s so many virtual conversations taking place everyday via apps like Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, Coffee Meets Bagel, etc., it couldn’t be easier to start multiple dirty conversations at once and get aroused all by your lonesome!
It’s like fashion; everything outdated eventually comes back in style again. I guess the same concept that applies to choker necklaces and boot cut jeans applies to sex positions? Then again, missionary will never go out of style.
It would appear blondes do, indeed, have more fun. Haters can boast “dumb blonde” jokes all they want but if you ask me blondes are pretty damn smart if they’re getting the most action.
Incase you’re interested in a further analysis regarding the sexual survey, PR Newswire has got your back. The site acknowledges, “It is no surprise that technology has shaped and evolved millennials’ sex lives. A new survey from Ansell, a global leader in protection solutions and the makers of LifeStyles® and SKYN® Condoms ("SKYN") reveals that nearly 50% of millennials are regularly sexting and sharing naked photos.”
Check out some of the Tech vs. Sex results from the site below:
- Sexting Frequency: Compared to SKYN's 2015 Sex Survey, more millennials have sexted, sent or received a naked picture, with 48% of millennials noting they sext at least once a week.
- Birthday Suits: Millennials are boldly displaying their birthday suits, with 42% of males noting they send naked pictures at least once per week, and 50% of males noting they receive naked pictures at least once per week.
- Sext Consent: Millennials are sharing sexual photos without the subject's permission, with 30% of respondents saying they have shared a photo without the sender's knowledge.
- SnapChat Savvy: Millennial males are more likely to share intimate pictures via SnapChat, with 53% of males sending pictures versus their female counterparts at 27%.
“In addition to questions related to sex and tech, the 2017 SKYN Condoms Millennial Sex Survey asked over 3,000 sexually active millennials across the U.S. detailed information about their sex lives, including favorite positions, occasions resulting in the most sex, orgasm frequency, bedroom confidence, and much more. Additional findings include:”
- Twice as Nice: Multiple orgasms during a single sex session is the new normal amongst millennials. A staggering 48% of millennial males and 44% of millennial females report having two or more orgasms during a single sexual encounter.
- Sexual Empowerment: Millennial females are feeling more sexually empowered. More females have had one-night stands and masturbation sessions than millennial males. Millennial females are using condoms more than ever before, with 48% reporting that they are incorporating condoms into their sex lives.
- Back Door is Open: An astounding 36% of millennials have female anal sex and 15% have male anal sex at least some of the time.
- Wrap It Up: Condom users are more sexually satisfied, have more sex, feel more confident in bed, and last longer during sex than non-condom users.
- Living Large: Of surveyed millennials, the average penis size is estimated to be 6.1-7 inches when fully aroused.
- Older and Wiser: Older millennials make up approximately half of the segment of those who use vibrators (44%), while 25-20 year olds make up 34% and 18-24 year olds 22%.
- Swipe Right: Tinder is the most popular dating application amongst millennials, with 23% of respondents reporting using the program.
- Apple A Day: Millennials identify "Doctor" and "Musician" as the sexiest professions to have, with 45% of respondents noting doctors and musicians following closely behind at 44%.
Laura C. Anderson | @s0mebl0nde
WHILE YOU'RE HERE, CHECK OUT SOME OF OUR OTHER FEATURES: