Name: Natasha McGuckin
Location: Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Photographer: Marc Boily
IG: @marcb_photography @marcboilyarts
Makeup Artist: Anais Huet @anaisxxhuet
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
This would have to be my mom. She was a young mom in the 90's, always had a camera handy and back then it was film! Tons and tons of actual photos. She loved to play with make up and even dabbled into some modeling herself.
2. How long have you been modeling?
I've been modeling since I was 13. I've always had the height for it, and my parents agreed with its positive impact on my self-esteem. I attended local workshops and classes, which featured all aspects of the industry. It was a great introduction and gave me the tools and encouragement to start chasing my dream.
3. Who is your favorite model?
My favorite model would have to be New Zealand's own, Rachel Hunter. Growing up, I recall her being the cover of countless mags, featured in many music videos and I just thought "geez, shes BEAUTIFUL!" She's become such a successful icon, and her most recent adventure's have actually led us to cross paths. She is such a sweetheart and just amazing inside and out!
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Unfortunately no. I've always been quite shy, and many times suffered from low self esteem, but have been able to push through with self confidence. Surrounding yourself with positivity, whether its thoughts or people, no one is in control of your happiness but you.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Yes, My parents. They taught me that there is no rule-book to life, its a story being written along the way and you are the author. This has pushed me to never give up on doing what I love. Most times the pay-check is a bonus, its the experience that I'm gonna remember.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Yes, Be humble. Nothing is more discouraging than someone who is desperate yet feels entitled. You come across so many people in this industry and you never know when you may need to call on a favor.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Yes, the wind. When shooting on location, the wind is either your friend or your enemy! HAHAHA!
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
I've realized that our minds are capable of never-ending learning if we apply ourselves efficiently.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
My pets consist of a Dog, a Cat, a Jackson Chameleon, and a Tortoise.
10. What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of my family. They are there for the good or bad days and never give up on me!
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
A cool down to earth chick who grew up in paradise and is just chasing her dream.