Name: Julia Kay
Facebook: Julia Kay
Photographer: Jacob François
Photographer IG: @tunnelvisionnyc
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
Creating change in the fashion industry through the representation of different sized models. And getting to show a side of me that only comes out through performance, photos and dance.
2. How long have you been modeling?
Since I was 18 years old, so 4 years, but I've always loved posing for photos long before that.
3. Who is your favorite model?
Currently Charli Howard & Jessica Lewis because they are such positive role models in the industry and they work their angles so well.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Yes I loved pretending to do photo shoots as a kid and I danced so I was on the stage a lot. It showed a side of me that needed to get out!
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
My teacher in grade 6 Miss Astor, we did the coolest projects with her.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Know yourself and your limits. Have good self-confidence because you're going to get rejected a lot in this business, but you'll also meet some of the coolest people along the way!
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
Shooting during a snow storm.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
Your body changes stop trying to fight it.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I collect and grow cacti
10. What are you most proud of?
Balancing school and modelling.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
A plant lover.