FIELDS AND LACE
Name: Jocelyn Todd
Location: Tacoma, Washington
Photographer: Jose Salinas
Photographer IG: @jls_photo
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
It was a faint dream I had growing up, being one of the pretty girls in the pictures I would see. I have a deep belief of going after your dreams. So I took a chance. Then I fell in love with the art of it as soon as I started. Different photographers have such a different way of doing things, of seeing the world. I loved being a part of that. Making a vision come true. Challenging myself to make a specific idea of a shoot come to life and more.
2. How long have you been modeling?
About a year and a half.
3. Who is your favorite model?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
In my own skin not always. I think we all have times where you want to hide. Once I step in front of the camera though it changes.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Every photographer I have worked with has helped me in some ways. I have learned from all of them on how to be better each shoot. However, I think my best friend who has ten years of experience on me helped me the most. She helps push me to do better, to do new looks, who to work with. She has supported me every step.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Listen to the people who have been in the industry, and are trying to help. However don't lose who you are in the process. Never forget why you started.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
To take chances. That sometimes just going for something that you might find feels awkward can turn out a beautiful result. Also that it is okay to laugh at yourself from time to time when it doesn't turn out beautiful like you hoped.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I play the flute. My favorite to play is Bach.
10. What are you most proud of?
That I am about to graduate college for Nursing.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Pushing boundaries, and always delivering.