Name: Jayd Lem
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Facebook: Jayd Lem
Photographer: Pamela Nicole
Makeup Artist: @Zac_Phoenix
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I've been modeling for over 8 years and got my start doing car shows in Los Angeles.
2. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
No, it was a journey getting comfortable in my own skin.
3. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
I once shot with a photographer in NY who helped me explore all the different moods I could express while modeling. I use to think it was all about sex and sexuality, but he showed me how anger, pensive, and even timid and shy could be attractive.
4. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Do your research. Just because a photographer wants to shoot you, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure you like their editing, lighting, style and composition before you shoot. Not everyone has the same style.
5. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I'd say it's probably the other way around. A lot of photographers would wtf me when I actually showed up on time. I guess there's not too many models out there who arrive promptly for their shoot.
6. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
Owning my body and my sexuality as I've evolved into a woman. It's neat to see how much more comfortable I am now vs. then.
7. Tell us something random about yourself.
For two weeks once, all I ate was steak and cheese. I was curious as to what it would do to my body.
8. What are you most proud of?
My curiosity. It's led me to many, many worlds and people.
9. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Someone who lived past her fears and loved everyone she met.
10. What's one last fun fact about you?
I'm an intimacy coach in Phoenix, AZ that helps bridge the communication gaps between male and female dynamics. I focus on energy, communication and polarity to help deepen relationships or attract one.