Name: Kelsey Dunning
Location: Kansas City
Photographer: R'Monté R. Law
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I was always the girly girl, putting on makeup & having "photoshoots" with my neighbor girl friend when I was 12 years old. I also grew up very close with my step brother who was obsessed with Anna Nicole Smith & other beautiful models/Hollywood icons.
2. How long have you been modeling?
3. Who is your favorite model?
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
Yes and no. There were times when I weighed a lot more and I had insecurities about certain features. But, chubby or thin, I'm still a bad bitch. It's all in your head.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Monté, one of my photographers has helped guide me & push me to reach my full potential.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Do your research. Don't settle for poor quality.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
I had a photographer boast about not being a creep, but then he kept asking me out.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
It's about telling a story. It's about creating a feeling.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I'm in the Army!
10. What are you most proud of?
I'm proud to say I'm a vegan. I choose to be the change I wish to see in the world by loving animals and the environment.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
2 words plain & simple: GIRL BOSS