Name: Amanda Nicole
Photographer: Chris Barnes
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I love photography in general. There's something so exciting about being in front of a camera. I also love taking my own photos!
2. How long have you been modeling?
Off and on since I was a child, probably about 10 years now. I signed with a hometown agency when I was about 13 or 14 and have been in and out of it ever since!
3. Who is your favorite model?
My favorite model right now would have to be Emily ratajkowski. She is stunning and has a certain sense of freedom about her, which I love.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
No! Being totally comfortable takes years of practice, at least for me. Practice makes perfect!
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
I spent 6 years in LA, which is obviously over-saturated with models and photographers. I like building bonds with people/photographers which makes you more comfortable around them. I spent hours and hours shooting with Cavan Clark while in Los Angeles. Which was a huge part of my growing experience as a model, learning to be comfortable and really just learning about yourself, angles, and what really works best for you in photographs.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
I think the best advice is to never do anything you will regret later. Never go through with a shoot you are uncomfortable with. There are some photographers that will take advadage of you, protect yourself, you can walk out of any shoot at any time.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
So many...I think probably the most prominent was when I was asked to pose with a snake.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
Probably all of my flaws and how to accept them and work with them. The camera shows everything!
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I am overly competitive, I can suck the fun out of games hahah
10. What are you most proud of?
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
Someone with good chararcter.