ALL MY CALVINS
Name: Amelia Indriana
Location: Washington, D.C.
Photographer: Justin Dean
Makeup Artist: Margreen Sulistija
1. What inspired you to get into this industry?
I have always dreamed of being a model, but was afraid I didn't fit the "standards". I'm Indonesian, so while I have Asian facial features, I'm also tan and I don't have the typical body type of an Asian woman. People around me didn't always understand how those combinations could naturally occur, so I've always felt "different". It inspired me to start modeling so that I can help represent how "different" is just as beautiful as the "standard".
2. How long have you been modeling?
I have been modeling for two years.
3. Who is your favorite model?
My favorite model is Sophia Miacova. Not only is she beautiful, but she seems like a goofy and authentic person.
4. Were you always comfortable in your own skin and in front of the camera?
No, like most women, I struggled with my self image. It's taken some time for me to realize how unique my features were.
5. Did you have any mentors who really helped mold and guide you?
Every photographer that I have worked with has left me with something that I will carry on with me. My sister, Pearl, has really helped mold and guide me as a model. Without her, I wouldn't be the model or person that I am today.
6. Do you have any tips for aspiring models in the industry?
Just have fun! Be your sexy-self; not only will it feel good, but it will look good too.
7. Do you have a WTF moment at a shoot?
A WTF moment that will never get old is when a photographer throws a can of olive oil cooking spray and tells you to spray it all over yourself.
8. What are some of the biggest revelations you've discovered through modelling?
I've realized that modeling is all about expressing yourself and to always be confident especially in front of the camera.
9. Tell us something random about yourself.
I'm allergic to pineapples, but I still eat them because it's one of my favorite fruits. Another random fact about me, I love to write.
10. What are you most proud of?
I'm most proud of how far I've come, in terms of modeling. I still have a lot to learn and a lot to work on, but I have grown so much since I've first started.
11. When it's all said and done, what do you want to be remembered as?
I want to be remembered as the girl that was always kind, generous, and loving but also the girl who didn't take shit from no one.